The annual public opening of the Mughal Gardens at Rashtrapati Bhavan, Udyanotsav 2012, begins from 10 February. Areas open to the public will include the Musical Garden, the Spiritual Garden, the Herbal Garden, Bonsai garden and the Bio-diversity Park. The New Delhi Mughal Gardens will be open to the general public on all days from 10 February to 15 March from 10 A.M. to 5 P.M. However, entry into the Gardens will be open only up to 4 P.M.
Exceptions to these timings include: Udyanotsav will remain closed every Monday during this period for maintenance activities; Udyanotsav will also remain closed on 15 February due to a previously scheduled program at Rashtrapati Bhavan, and on 8 March in celebration of Holi Festival.
Three new attractions have been installed to dazzle the crowds. The first, floral carpets, will make it’s initial debut in the garden and is said to be a hit with garden lovers. Second, a new Bonsai garden has been added with about 200 Bonsai plants. And finally, a cactus corner has been created.
Entry and Exit
All movement in and out of the gardens will be from Gate No. 35 of the President’s Estate, which is located at the extreme end of the Church Road, about 300 meters West of Cathedral Church.
Physically challenged people using wheelchairs can enter through Rashtrapati Bhavan Reception, reachable through Hukmi Mai Marg or Rajpath. An exclusive day has been reserved on 14 March at the Udyanotsav for differently abled persons from 10 A.M. to 1 P.M. Such persons will be allowed entry through the Reception of Rashtrapati Bhavan, from either Gate Nos. 2 or 37.
Visitors are not allowed to enter the gardens with any of the following items:
- water bottles
- handbags/ladies purses
- cell phones
- any writing material
Any items brought to the entrance gate will have to be deposited before entry at the owner’s risk. No photography is allowed.
UPDATE 3/13/12 President’s Secretariat: The Udyanotsav of Rashtrapati Bhavan, the annual opening of the Mughal Gardens for the public, shall be opened for special category of persons from March 13 to 15. The Udyanotsav was opened to the general public from February 10 and closes for them on March 11.
The Mughal Gardens shall be open to the following category of persons on the following days:
- Farmers – March 13th
- Differently Abled Persons and Visually Challenged – March 14th
- Defence and Para-Military Personnel – March 15th
Entry points and timings will be as follows:-
- Farmers – Gate No. 35, near North Avenue from 1000 hrs to 1600 hrs.
- Differently Abled Persons – Reception of Rashtrapati Bhavan from 1000 hrs to 1300 hrs.
- For schools and organizations meant for Visually Impaired Special Children – Gate No. 12, situated near Church Road, opposite North Avenue from 1430 hrs to 1530 hrs.
- For Visually Challenged Individuals – Gate No. 12, situated near Church Road, opposite North Avenue from 1530 hrs to 1630 hrs.
- Defence and Para Military Personnel – Gate No. 35, near North Avenue from 1000 hrs to 1600 hrs.
Related Posts You Might Like:
Recent posts in Delhi